Resources - including downloadable
Return to the "County Offices"
||Area Plan Commission and
Plan Director and Flood Zone Administrator
Area Plan Commission
150 Courthouse Square, Suite 117
Greensburg, IN 47240
Debra Martin - Administrative Assistant
Kenny Buening - Building/Commissioner Inspector
Fax: (812) 663-8459
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mon-Fri
The Office is responsible for the following:
Zoning of Property,
Variances, Special Exceptions,
Pond Permits, New Addresses, Address Changes,
Survey Approvals, Building Permits, Electrical Permits,
Sign Permits, and Building Inspections.
The office covers all of Decatur County (except the City of
The County Plan Commission has jurisdiction within the unincorporated area of the county except that any
city or town may authorize the County Commission to act as the city or town planning commission. The
Commission has the following duties:
1. To make surveys of the resources of all sections of the county and make plans for conservation of
2. To formulate and recommend adoption of plans for community betterment.
3. To cooperate with all other departments and units of government in the preparation of a master plan for the development of the county, including long-range public works and financial programs.
4. To approve any proposed community subdivision lying outside
the incorporate limits of any city or town within the county, and
the filing and recording of plats where a master plan has been
5. To authorize the preparation of maps of county roads on which the roads will be designated by name or number.
6. To administer a zoning ordinance for the unincorporated area of the county which shall be duly adopted.