Krista Duvall - Area Plan Director
Kenny Buening - Building Commissioner/Inspector
Decatur County Court House
150 Courthouse Square, Suite 117
Greensburg, IN 47240
- (812) 663-8451
- (812) 663-8459
- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Debbie Martin - Administrative Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
The Office is responsible for the following:
- Zoning of Property
- Special Exceptions
- Pond Permits
- New Addresses
- Address Changes
- Survey Approvals
- Building Permits
- Electrical Permits
- Sign Permits
- Building Inspections
The office covers all of Decatur County (except the City of Greensburg)
2021 Board of Zoning Appeals
2021 Area Plan Commission
2021 Holiday / Office Closed
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a building permit?
Answer: For a county building permit, either go to the Area Plan Office in the Courthouse or go to the County Website.
- How do I find out how a property is zoned?
Answer: Go to the County Website, under zoning.
- Where can I get something notarized?
Answer: Any bank can notarize.
- How do I find out septic system question?
Answer: Call the Board of Health Office
- Where do I pay a speeding ticket?
Answer: Clerk's Office-courthouse.
- Who is the County Surveyor?
Answer: Andy Scholle (812-663-6526) and he doesn't have an office in the Courthouse.
- What do I need to get a building permit?
Answer: Go to the County Website.
- Where is circuit court?
Answer: Second floor in the Courthouse.
- Where is the child support office?
Answer: Second floor in the Courthouse, next to Clerk's Office.
- How do I find the County Commissioners?
Answer: Call the Auditor's Office at 663-2570.